10 November 2005

sometimes i have stupid ideas

i left work to find that the rain had stopped, so i decided to hop the lex. ave. express down to city hall and walk over the brooklyn bridge. it's really one of the nicest ways to transition from work to real life, seeing the twinkling lights and looking back at the glowing skyline as i boogie my way into brooklyn.

so i rang up a friend and she met me at city hall. but when we got there, the rain had come back. we sort of looked at each other, shrugged and crossed the street onto the promenade.

i didn't have an umbrella, and my jacket wasn't exactly meant for walking 1/4 mile in the rain, but nevertheless, it was a lovely walk. until about 2/3 the way over the bridge, when the rain started coming down for serious and the lightning made its first appearance. it was beautiful, but by the time i got home i was soaked through. my jacket had started absorbing water, and my corduroy trousers were stuck to my legs. my shirt was wet, my hair was wet. fortunately, my feet stayed dry--that's really the bitchiest thing to deal with, wet socks.

but it felt so nice to come home and change and watch my dvr'd (u.s.) office, arrested development (glory, glory for two episodes in a row) two extras and, of course some family guy.

my cords are still wet.

No comments: